We've all seen those beautiful old neighborhood roads, trails and driveways lines with magnificent Crape Myrtles in full bloom.
You to can create a beautiful driveway in surprising little time. Or even a small perennial hedge with our Miniatures.
Just choose your desires color and size and you're well on your way to you're ideal passage home.
Choose from our Miniatures, Dwarf, Medium or Standard (Tree) Crape Myrtles.
Spacing for the Perfect Effect
Miniature Crape Myrtles mature from 8"-5', depending on the exact variety of course.
- We normally recommend planting miniatures 18" apart for a nice thick look. They will grow together to forms a full, thick uniform hedge.
- For a more individual plant look, plant them 3'-4' apart.
Dwarf Crape Myrtles mature 6'-10'. Use this variety when you want to line your driveway but don't want the canopy effect.
- Space them 4'-6' apart for a thick, hedge like appearance.
- For a more individual plant look, plant them 8'-10' apart.
- Medium Crape Myrtles mature 14'-18' while Standard (Tree) Crape Myrtles mature 20'-30'. Use either of these types if you would like a thick canopy of shade.
Your choice should be dependent on the width of the road, sidewalk and your desired effect. Plant large type crape myrtles a minimum of 6ft away from a structure (house, etc).
- To create a look where the canopies of the plants will grow together and provide shade, plant Medium Crape Myrtles 6'-10' apart, and Standard (Tree) Crape Myrtles 8'-12' apart.
- For a more individual plant look, plant Dwarfs 10' apart and Standards 15' apart.
*All Crape Myrtles have non-invasive roots. You can plant them next to a sidewalk, foundation and even a pool. They will not harm structures in any way.
Feel free to Contact Us for advice on your specific needs. We're always here to help.